Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Nursery Bedding- Check

Over the weekend, I purchased the bedding below at Pottery Barn. After much internet searching, Nate and I narrowed down the bedding to 3 top finalists and then chose this one as we felt it was the most "boyish." I like the primary colors and that I'll have several choices for accent colors. Our quilt doesn't have a name embroidered on it, as we would need to actually know the name of our little guy in order to have that done. We are a LONG way from agreeing on a name:). My bedding also differs from the picture, because I got a light blue sheet rather than the trucks. I purchased the red panel curtains below as well, which I may or may not keep. I'm thinking about pairing them with the roman shade and blue valance (which matches one of the blues in the bedding) already in the room. I'm considering using the lightest blue from the bedding as the paint color. It's seems so traditional to paint light blue for a baby boy, I'd hate to be so predictable.

Bedding from Pottery Barn Kids

Curtains from PBK

Possible accent items:


Mobile from Babies R Us
Bin from Target


I love orange and the bedding has orange in it but I'm not sure if I can use red, blue, and orange as accent colors. Would that be too much? This lamp is from Target.

I love this rug from PBK, but it's expensive. I'm looking for something similar, that's less expensive or waiting for a sale.




3 comments: