Monday, March 15, 2010

Birthday Wishes for Me:)

Well, I guess this is the last birthday I'll have for a while since I plan to stay 29 for long time. I can't believe 30 is right around the corner, scary! Thank gosh 30 is the new 20, but I'm not sure how I can relive my 20s with a baby, so I'm guessing that's not exactly true:). Anyway, I had a great birthday. I got to see some of my TU friends on Saturday to celebrate a friend's baby! It was so nice to catch up with the girls and their husbands. On Sunday, my family and Nate's parents came over and we went to Hickory Bridge Farm (see restaurant review below). I received some great gifts and my Mom brought my DQ ice cream cake, which is a must on my birthday. I ate a piece of cake for me and one for the baby later that evening. Today, Nate cooked me dinner and gave me my presents (including a spa gift card that I can't wait to use). Thanks to everyone for making it a great birthday! And, one can't forget to make their birthday wishes, this year my I'm wishing for: a healthy baby, an easy delivery (does this even exist?), and more patience, which we all know that I'll need!

Hickory Bridge Farm Restaurant Review
This restaurant is located in Orrtanna, PA, not too far outside of Gettysburg. The restaurant is a renovated barn with lots of antiques inside. It's quite unique and a little more interesting than some of your average dining rooms. The property also includes overnight accommodations in 2 farm houses and several cottages. A small store is also open during the warmer months, where you can still buy penny candy. The location is really beautiful and would provide a lovely backdrop for wedding or other pictures. Onto the food....the food is served family style and is real "home-cooking." The meal starts off with spiced peaches, homemade bread, and a salad. Next, you are served 3 entrees one of which is always crab imperial, on Sunday the other 2 were pork with apple stuffing and oven fried chicken. The meal is also served with several sides, our sides on Sunday included: potatoes, carrots, broccoli with cheese, and hush puppies. Everything at Hickory Bridge is always very good and they'll bring more dishes of anything and everything you want. The crab imperial is probably my favorite, it's especially tasty! They also serve you a choice of desserts. You'll definitely be full when you leave, if you're not it's your own fault! The cost of the meal, which is on the expensive side, includes everything listed above as well as a drink. The restuarant is BYOB so if you would like wine or beer make sure you remember to take it. Hickory Bridge is a great choice for a special meal, especially if you are looking for a place that has a warm atmosphere and traditional home-style cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment