Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Baby Gifts

I'm not the only one having a little one. Recently, I made a few baby gifts for some of my mom-to-be friends. Check them out!

Diaper cakes are easy. I use a paper towel roll and build around it with rolled up diapers. Secure the rolled diaper with a miniature rubber band (found at craft stores) The base layer has 3 rings of diapers (start with 6 in your first ring, 14 in the next ring, and 16 in the final ring), the 2nd tier has 2 rings of diapers (6 and 14) and the final tier is one ring of 6 diapers. I secure each ring of diapers with thin ribbon, and then put a decorative ribbon around the entire tier . Decorate with your favorite items. These aren't too difficult to make and take about an hour or so.


I used some wash clothes in the bottom ring of this one. I decorated with mittens, socks, bath toys and a stuffed animal on top.




Crocheted baby blanket and hat. The blanket takes A LOT of time, so from now on I might only be making hats. Directions for the hat found in this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment