Friday, February 26, 2010

Watching You

Even before I knew we were having a boy, I thought about the song Watching You by Rodney Atkins as it relates to a boy and his Dad. I just know that this is how our little boy will be. Here's an excerpt from the lyrics:

"He said, I've been watching you, dad ain't that cool?
I'm your buckaroo, I want to be like you
And eat all my food, and grow as tall as you are"

"We like fixin' things and holding moma's hand
Yeah, we're just alike, hey, ain't we dad?
I want to do everything you do
So I've been watching you"

I can just picture a little toe head following Nate all around. I know....no guarantees that he won't look like me and I realize it will be a while before the little guy can walk and talk.

I'll get to hear Rodney sing this song in person on March 21st at the Gettysburg Majestic, can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment