Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Another week, another snow storm

Today marks week 17! 2 more weeks until we find out the sex! I feel like my belly has popped out more in the last few days, but you can be the judge of that (see the picture below). This week the baby should weigh about 5 ounces and be about 5 inches long. The skeleton is now changing from soft cartilage to bone. The baby should also be starting to move its joints. No change in the way I feel or any symptoms. I've gained a total of 7-8 pounds according to my scale.

Fox news reported over the weekend, that researchers have found a link between folic acid taken during pregnancy and asthma. This is concerning as all doctors want you to take a prenatal which contains folic acid. My prenatal contains 800 mg of folic acid in addition to many other vitamins. Here is an article about the research. I'm not sure what to do. I guess I'll call the doctor but I know what they will say....continue to take the vitamins. This pregnancy thing is kind of like planning a trip you can usually find better and more thorough information through your own research than by going to a professional. No offense to my doctors, but in the 10 minutes total that I've spent with them I haven't found them to be a wealth of knowledge.

Looks like I'll have some time to crotchet the next couple of days, it's snowing very hard with another foot or so possible. We haven't recovered from the 2 feet that came over the weekend. Now I know how my friends' who grew up in Maine and Buffalo experienced winters. Ohhhh, how I miss skiing though!!

No comments:

Post a Comment