Friday, February 12, 2010

Winter Olympics

Turn your tv on to NBC, it's time for the Olympics! Even if you are not a sports fan, the athletes deserve your respect and support as they've dedicated their entire lives to training in their respective sports. If you can't tell I LOVE the Olympics. Yes, I live vicariously through our athletes since I don't think I'll achieve my dream of being an Olympian. However, someday I will attend the games (most likely the summer games) to watch in person. I'm sure I'll have chills as I watch many of the events over the next 2 weeks and maybe even shed a tear or two. Go USA, make us proud!

There are lots of interesting stories already these games: young US pairs figure skaters who date each other but not the partner they skate with, a veteran speed skater and dancing champion looking for repeat gold, the world's most decorated snowboarder hoping to add to his collection, a men's skier who vow's to contain his free spirit in favor of a more conservative races in order to medal again, and USA's top women's skier who is battling an injury to still compete. If you don't know who I'm referring to in regards to the previously listed athletes, then it's even more reason for you to tune in! Unfortunately, tragedy has already struck these games, a luger was killed during practice runs. It's heart breaking that this 21 year old was so close to realizing his dream of competing in the Olympic games and now his family and country must deal with this tragic loss.

Time for the opening ceremonies....

No comments:

Post a Comment