Monday, October 6, 2014

Framing

Our house is starting to look like a house!  I was so excited when I pulled in one day last week and saw the framing of the first floor.  It's a mud pit on our lot (as you can see in the previous post by looking at the pictures of Jace) but the builders are still making good progress.  Hopefully, by the end of this week the house will be fully framed and have walls. I can't wait to see it with the trusses up.  As I walk through it, some rooms look smaller than I expected and others larger.  I think it's still difficult to get a feel for the house, but at this point there's no turning back on the floorplan so I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that we chose well!

"Boys look at this!  It's looking like a house!"  This was my reaction when we pulled in...maybe the first time for me that it sunk in that we are really building a house

Standing in what will be the living room, looking toward the kitchen and sunroom

Standing in kitchen looking at living room...fireplace will go in the middle of the far wall, door on one side, window on the other

Not sure how they are going to feel when this pile of topsoil is gone...


View of the front

Showing Daddy a rock

Walls going up!  Zip wall system...according to Nate the green is a vapor barrier coating.  (Can I just pick out the cabinets?...that's what I think about when Nate and the builder start talking about these details).



Front

Garage (on side)

No comments:

Post a Comment