Saturday, May 1, 2010

Time to Play in the Dirt!

It might have been a little early but Mom, Tammy, Gram, and I already made our trip to Lurgan Greenhouse and Nursery. They have a huge selection of trees, shrubs, perennials, annuals, hanging baskets, and outdoor decor/furniture. Also, on Saturdays in May, they have chicken barbeque. The nursery doesn't have a website but the address and phone number are: 8126 Oakdale Rd Orrstown, PA 17244-9694, (717)532-9045. You won't be disappointed. I bought a cart full of annuals, mostly for my pots and some for in my beds. Everything has been planted, except 6 impatients which I'm going to wait to plant until there is less risk of cooler weather. I hope the weather stays warm so I'm not forced to take the pots inside or cover them up at night. Now, I just have to everything will grow, grow, grow! I'll post pics this summer to let you know if I had a green thumb this year or not. Next, up mulch...fun, fun, especially when it's getting harder to bend over.


Out back, colors: peach, blue and white

Back deck, big pots

Still need a climbing plant for in this pot.

Hanging baskets, made at Lurgan, by the deck/steps. Thanks Gram.


Out front, colors: purple, yellow, and white

Hanging baskets that I made for the front porch.


These pots on the front porch look pretty sad right now, hope they grow!



My clematis is really blooming this year!

Nate played in the dirt this weekend too. He has his garden almost ready to plant:)


No comments:

Post a Comment