Tuesday, May 11, 2010

30 Weeks

I'm 30 weeks today, it feels like a milestone, only 10 weeks to go! We just got home from our second baby class. Tonight, we learned about the stages of labor (focusing on the 1st stage), breathing, and relaxation. So far the classes have been informative and worthwhile. We have 4 more classes to go to; next week we are going to talk about the 2nd phase of labor and pain options. Big Momma (me) continues to get bigger (see pic below). I've been really tired lately. It's all I can do to stay awake, but there's so much to do at work and home. I've also been blessed with pregnancy acne again, lovely! The baby is about 15 1/2 inches long now, and he weighs about 3 pounds. I can certainly tell he's getting bigger as he seems to be pushing at the top of my belly and causing discomfort for portions of the day. I think this is partly due to having to sit at my desk hunched over the computer all day and therefore squishing him. His eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very good . When he does open his eyes after he's born, he'll respond to changes in light but will have only 20/400 vision — which means he can only make out objects a few inches from her face. At my next weekly update, I'll have single digit weeks to go :).

No comments:

Post a Comment