Tuesday, June 22, 2010

36 weeks

I've reached the final month! At the end of this week, I'll be considered full term! I had another uneventful doctor's appointment today; everything checked out fine. I'm starting to feel HUGE and I have some swelling. The swelling in my hands makes them ache but other than that and feeling tired at times I'm doing well. The baby is growing at a rate of about an ounce a day. He should now weigh about 6 pounds and is probably more than 18 1/2 inches long. He's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered his body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected his skin during his nine-month amniotic bath.

I've been consumed with nesting and have accomplished a lot on my to do list in the last week or so. My Mom shampooed my carpets, Nate and I cleaned all the windows, the garage, organized the kitchen cabinets and did some other odds and ends. I've washed all kinds of stuff including all of the baby's clothes and bedding. His nursery is ready and organized except for a couple of wall decorations. I also stocked up on necessities that we might need at the house and for the baby. I need to clean out my car and have Nate install the car seat, otherwise we just need a baby!

Big Mama 36 weeks

1 comment:

  1. love this pic.... shows off your beautiful big mama bump very well!

    ReplyDelete