Tuesday, June 8, 2010

34 weeks

Today, I'm 34 weeks. Time is winding down until we finally meet our little boy. No major changes with me, just watching my belly get big and feeling a little tired. The baby weighs about 4 3/4 pounds right now, which a little more than the size I was when my Mom brought me home from the hospital! His fat is filling out which will help regulate his body temperature once he arrives. It's also making him rounder, hence my significant weight gain! His central nervous system is maturing and his lungs are continuing to mature as well. His skin is also changing from very wrinkly to smooth.

I've posted plenty of pictures of myself recently, so this week I'll post a few pics of the nursery as we've added some items since my last pictures.

Crib with our new mobile. Mobile from Babies R Us. We are having a bookshelf made (by Pap-Pap) for the wall around the corner and to the left of the crib, can't wait to get this!

New chair, which is so comfy. Purchased from Rock A Bye Baby. Blanket was a shower gift as was the picture hanging on the wall behind the chair.

Love this picture titled "Mudding" by Josh Axelrod.


Dresser/Changing table with the new changing pad. Lamp from Target. Towson Tiger stuffed animal was a shower gift. For the artwork above the dresser/changing table, we matted and framed 2 Horton books:).

Up close of the books

Toy box and/or ottoman, from Target.

We still need to install some additional shelving to the closet and a add few more decorative items. The baby's Pap Pap is making a bookshelf (see below) that will hang on the wall beside the crib. which is the wall that the window is on. This will give us a place for all his new books, as well space for other items such as his cute red piggy bank, new stork figurine, and John Deere tractor:). I also need to figure out what I'm putting on the wall behind the crib, I have one option which includes 3 framed tin balls (soccer, basketball and baseball). I would really like to do a wall decal like the picture below but we need a name first!

This is what the wall bookshelf will look like.

This decal is from etsy seller back40life's shop


No comments:

Post a Comment