Thursday, October 8, 2015

Hoe Down, Double Down

I can't believe that I just made a folder in my computer for pictures from Oct-Dec.  Where has 2015 gone?  I know that we've had a big year...we moved, did a ton of work at our new house, I switched jobs and now work from home, Brennan started school, we are hopefully finally selling the old house (fingers crossed), and so on.  But really, October already?!  This year has gone so fast that I feel like I literally blinked and here we are...it's getting dark earlier, we are starting to see the leaves change (it's late this year) and soon the clocks will fall back and then it won't be long until I'm in this snow globe on the ridge.

This week Brennan's school put on a Hoe Down.  They had an artist in residence since the beginning of the school year who was a folk musician.  He taught the kids songs, dances and how to play instruments.  Grades K-5 put on a show for their families to top off the time with the folk musician.

One quick story before the pictures.  Last night Brennan created a chart for Jace.  He drew lines on it and told "Bubbie" that every time he goes to the potty he will get a star (He's very serious and thorough when explaining how this will all work).  He continues to tell Bubbie that when he fills a row with stars he'll get to pick a prize from the box.  (He told me that we need to go to Walmart to get some small prizes for the box...and tonight offered to spend his money that he earned from my sale to buy the prizes).  Anyway, Bubbie seems to like the idea and has earned a few stars.  Brennan, has copied this idea from his teacher...she does the same thing at school for when they have"green" days (green means super behavior) as well as handing in homework.  It's adorable that Brennan wants to help his brother...maybe he will actually have better luck training Jace than Nate and I!  I'm thinking that if his paleontologist career doesn't work out that he's a future teacher!

 
Ready for the hoe down







I wanted to upload a video here but the size is too big.  I thought that I had 2 other videos of Brennan and Jace singing to add as well but I must have been hitting record at the same time because I missed the songs!  I'll have to try again.  Jace is into singing Itsy Bitsy Spider and Ba Ba Black Sheep and Brennan has learned some cute songs at school.


This is how Daddy teaches Math.  I think Brennan almost gets it.  Jace just wants "a lot' of chips.  He always wants a lot of everything!  A lot is a word he uses VERY often.

Today was a gorgeous fall day, we took our dinner (ok, I admit it, we took our Happy Meals) to the park and then these monkeys were doing their thing.







 On another note, over the weekend I hosted my first furniture open house sale.  It went well.  Here are some pictures of the items that I had for sale.
This sewing antique sewing machine base re-purposed into a sofa or entry way table is one of my favorite pieces.



Snowmen!























 Thanks to all those who helped me get ready, set up, keep me company the day of and also to those who came and shopped!  It was tiring but very fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment