Friday, January 18, 2013

2 and a Half!

Today, Brennan is 2 and a half!  Can you believe it, only six more months until he turns 3.  He still continues to amaze us with his constant chatter and expansive vocabulary.  For example, he doesn't just say something is big he will say it's huge or giant or both words together... "big huge green gator."  He uses words like wonderful, ottoman, excavator, download, vegetables, hospital, locomotive, and actually.  Are 2 year olds supposed to know those words?  He uses technology better than a lot of adults and his memory is quite impressive.  Right now some of his favorites things (according to him) are:
Color: Yellow
Food: Macaroni
Toy: Trains (and we even won a new Lionel model O train!)
TV Shows: Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (if you ask me it's anything on Disney Jr)
Book: Train book (that's what he told me, not sure what it means)
Friends: Porter (at school he is spends a lot of time with Mason)

He enjoys ocean animals and "scuba divers"...which I guess is why he named one of his elves Scuba Diver; there's also a show on Disney Junior called Octonauts that may have helped to interest him in these things.  He enjoys riding his new John Deere gator, putting together puzzles and he can now play some games such as Memory.   He's so sweet, when he says bye to people he always wants to give them a hug and a kiss and he usually remembers to say thank you when he is give something.  He is Mr. Independent and wants to do everything himself...butter his pancake, get food out of the refrigerator, put the toothpaste on the toothbrush, turn on the light, you get the point he wants to do it all.He is two though, and he can throw a mean temper tantrum, although I know that certain people reading this who refuse to believe this fact.

Recently some of his comments include:
"Guys, this is ridiculous!"  ---He was referring to Nate and  watching tv.
"This is really really cold!"---When referring to eating a "lollisicle" which is what he calls a popsicle
"I want to watch Mickey for a couple of whiles."
"Just download it."  ---when something on the phone or computer isn't working right.
"WHAT are you tellin' me?"---I wish I could convey tone in this one...this is what he says when I say his name from another room. 
"Mama, you are 48 pounds."--He says this when using the tape measure to measure me, I've heard him tell Nate the same thing and other things around the house such as a glass:).  By the way, Brennan is about 26-28 pounds right now depending on whose scale you are using.
"Puff, puff, toot, toot!"  I hear him saying this all the time when playing or watching trains.
"That's an acorn, it came from an oak tree."
"An octagon has 8 sides."
"I sure can." or "I sure will."  So cute when he answers questions like this.
"This is my brother, Baby Jace Tanner, he came out of Mama's belly."

New train that we won, he loves it.
Thought that I should add this picture that Buddy took of himself...love those eyes!


No comments:

Post a Comment