Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Looking forward to February

So, the news is out! Most of our family, friends and coworkers know that we're expecting in July. I'm going to join millions of other expecting Moms and blog throughout my journey. I doubt my blog will be as detailed as some. For one thing, you won't be seeing any skin on my blog. I promise to only post pics of my belly where I am fully clothed. When the baby is born, you won't find any bloody and crying pics of the little one. No offense to those of you who post and enjoy these pics but it's just not my thing. I'll try to use the blog to update family and friends who don't see us all the time on the growth of my belly, baby related items, such as the nursery (which I'm dying to get started on), and other things that Nate and I experience throughout the pregnancy. Of course once the baby is here, as time allows, I'll post pics of the little one so you can all see how he/she is growing and changing.

I've had my first official doctor's appointment and everything went well. Or should I say, that in the 5 minutes that the doctor spent with me everything seemed fine. They scheduled the appointment for for the next ultra sound, which is when we'll find out the sex!. It will be February 23rd at 9:15am. So the waiting begins, in the meantime I'll just wonder through the stores looking at both little dresses and polo's with plaid shorts. It seems that little boys get the short end of the stick, there are significantly less choices in nursery decor as well as clothing for baby boys, but still many adorable things!

We also booked our "babymoon." I'm so excited!! In February, we are going to St. Martin and Anguilla. We'll be staying for 2 nights at the Radisson in St. Martin and then taking the ferry to Anguilla to stay 5 nights at Fangipani, (doesn't it look beautiful?) Both islands are known for their wonderful restaurants; perfect for a hungry pregnant lady! Anguilla is supposed to be home to some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. I'm expecting Anguilla to be a lot like Turks and Caicos. I've been doing a lot of research on tripadvisor so that we know where to eat and what to do. A car will be a must on both islands so that we can explore all of the beaches and see the islands! The 80 degree weather sounds really nice right now, as we are experiencing high temps in the 30s here.

Here's to the end of February getting here fast; we have so much to look forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment