Saturday, June 28, 2014

My DIY

I've actually had a little time lately to do a few projects.  I've been experimenting with painting furniture.  First, I tried Miss Mustard Seed Milk Paint on a frame and a table.  It didn't work so well on the table (I had to redo the top with chalk paint).  Most recently I've been using chalk paint.  It's been better for me than the milk paint.  After painting, I've been using Miss Mustarad Seed's hemp oil which protects the paint and enhances the color.  I have wax coming in the mail soon which I think that I might like better than the oil.  There are lots of tutorials and information online, I've just looked at Pinterest, read a few blogs, and watched some tutorial videos.  Unfortunately, I don't have any before pictures so you can't see the transformation...I need to start taking those!

I also made this tutu yesterday for our friend's little girl.  I used this tutorial and it was so easy!  I can't wait to see how it looks on her.

Ava's tutu:)

Part of an old school desk...It was in bad shape and only $10.  We sanded and painted all of it, Nate took it completely apart to do some repairs and fortunately it went right back together.  Now it will be a little bench for the boys.  It's not quite done yet, it has to get either legs or boards for stabilization.  This is a green chalk paint and an oatmeal on top (wiped with a wet cloth)

Small rocker that I painted with gray chalk paint and re-upholstered the cushion. My most expensive purchase @ $20 plus fabric and a new foam cushion.  Fabric is from www.onlinefabricstore.net, which has a great selection and good prices.  I have a few other coordinating fabrics that I can't wait to use.

My $8 old window....This is chalk paint in a couple of blues finished the same way as the bench was done.  After some sanding you can see the white and gray layers too. This needs hooks put on the bottom yet...I'm thinking this would work in a mud room for keys and notes for the week. 

Most of my projects...my one window on the right isn't done yet, I think it will look nice, if so I'll share when it's complete. The small thing in the window is a towel rack. I have a microwave cart from my first apartment that's in process as well, it's almost ready for a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment