Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Our Little Student

I must document my conversation with Brennan on our way home from Porter's house this evening.
B: Mommy what is the horizon?
M: It's where the land meets the sky, over where the sun is setting.
B: Does the sun just have a slot that it goes down into?
M: No it actually goes down as the earth rotates around the sun.  When it gets dark here it gets light in other places of the world like Australia
B: Well I don't feel us moving
M: The Earth moves so slowly and is so big that we can't feel it.
B: Wow, so the sun is in outer space?
M: Yes
B: Why do we stay on the Earth and not float away?
M: Because of a force called gravity, it holds our feet to the earth.  There isn't gravity in outer space so astronauts can float around in their spaceships.
B: You mean like a meteoroid floats around in space.  Sometimes they can bump into spaceships, sometimes they come to earth.
M: Yes when they come into the earths atmosphere, gravity can pull them down.
B: Where did you learn all this stuff Mama?
M: At school.
B: I wish I could go to your school.  Mama, we talked about this the whole way home:)

The boy's brain is constantly processing.  I don't know how much longer I can hang with him in these conversations...I might have to take some classes to be able to answer my 3 year old's questions about how the world works!  Then when he was going up stairs for his bath he said, when I step gravity isn't holding my foot down!  Wow.  This was all after he was begging me to take him to the library because he needed to see what books they had.  I should also mention that he's teaching me to sing "Your Friends are My Friends: in Spanish.  Watch out world this boy is no joke and Brennan it's my guess that it's unlikely you'll go to Towson, your brain is probably too big:).  I sure hope he's always so curious and interested in learning, what an awesome quality!  Ok, I'm done bragging!

Apple Blossom Festival Fun!



This guy loved the bounce house!



Aww, I'm still hearing about him getting to hold the baby chicks and ducks.


He was so excited by the animals.  Insisted that I take him in the pen.

He had to touch EVERY bunny that was out

Hang on little duck

Wagon rides.  


No I'm not ornery, not one little bit?!!
This big boy had his 15 month check up and he was 22 1/2 pounds, 14th percentile and 50th percentile for height.

Looking in the window saying Jace as he sees himself.

Happy Teacher Appreciation Week to all the teachers in our lives...friends, family and those who work with our little guys at school.   These are Brennan's "Teachers are a work of heart" artwork for Miss Ivy and Miss Shannon.  He told me what to write on the back in their note too and was so excited to give it to them:)







No comments:

Post a Comment