Sunday, November 18, 2012

33 Weeks

33  weeks, 7 more to go!  This week the baby weighs a little over 4 pounds and has passed the 17-inch mark. He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap. These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.  Antibodies are being passed from me to the little he continues to develop his own fetal immune system, which will come in handy once he's outside the womb and fending off all sorts of germs.

Close up of my basketball, I mean baby.


Gosh, I'm huge!  I may have to stand on the other side of the door soon so that my belly doesn't cover the sign!

No comments:

Post a Comment