Saturday, June 27, 2009

Firehouse- Restaurant Review

Nate and I met up with our friends, HA and Jason, for dinner in Harrisburg at the Firehouse. The Firehouse was one of my favorite restaurants when I lived in Harrisburg and it did not disappoint me this time. We had not seen HA and Jason, since Jessie and Rocco's wedding in November so it was fun to catch up with them. HA just returned from the beach and they have a trip to London planned this summer...so jealous.

Now for the restaurant review. I started off with a fruity tutti martini, the others had wine and beer. I must say the martini menu is excellent and the fruity tutti was quite tasty. I also had a woo woo which was just vodka, cranberry, and peach schnapps but tasty nonetheless. For our appetizer Nate and I ordered the crab puffs which were excellent. It was made of a creamy crab dip like filling which was inside a crunchy and flaky won ton. The plate included 6 won tons. HA and Jason had calamari, which I did not try but the portion was generous and it looked tasty. I went to the restaurant with the intention of having sea bass, my favorite fish, but after reading the menu seemed to be in the mood for tuna. Actually, Nate and I both ordered the pepper seared tuna as our main course. The tuna was served with rice and vegetables in with a spicy mango sauce. The tuna was very spicy, but this should be expected as the tuna is "pepper" seared. The rice and vegetables were delicious with just the right combination of flavors. Our tuna was cooked as we ordered and overall we were very pleased. HA ordered the stuffed flounder special and Jason had a pasta with chicken in peppers. They seemed to enjoy both entrees but I did not try either selection. We didn't have room for dessert with the appetizers, salad, tasty bread, and entrees we were stuffed!

The Firehouse is a very quaint restaurant and as you would expect is in fact a converted firehouse, pole and all, but I found it to be quiet noisy, which I believe is the norm. It was even loud when I was there a few months ago for lunch. It's not a restaurant you should choose for a quiet romantic evening. We received excellent service and our table was ready at the time of our reservation. The Firehouse is a great restaurant to enjoy a tasty meal with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment