Sunday, September 30, 2012

26 weeks

26 weeks, just over 3 months to go!  At this point, the network of nerves in the baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before and he can now be able to hear our voices. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches  from head to heel. I've been feeling a little tired, due to lack of sleep...I just can't seem to get a good nights rest.  I guess it's good practice for 3 months from now when we'll be getting up every 2 hours.  I feel like I'm huge, maybe that's why Nate is referring to me as Big Momma again!




No comments:

Post a Comment